Sunday, December 30, 2012

CHRISTMAS IN GERMANY



Christmas Eve dinner table.  Elaine is a master at recreating home.



 Looks like we are going to make it through the season and  into a new year.  We still have our Christmas tree up, but Mutti admits she is glad to have it behind her as she was a bit teary at times.  We enjoyed some beautiful sunshine yesterday that is a great lift to spirits and have again enjoyed some nice walks in the country.  We are jealous of the Utah snow, but not the cold as the temperature usually climbs into the mid-40s during the day. Our country pretty much shuts down between Christmas and January 7th, when the 3 wise men finally make to Bethlehem.  We were about the only senior missionaries in the Area Office last week and this week we get Monday and Tuesday off for the New Year’s holiday.  We are invited to the Brandes to welcome in the New Year with other Seniors on Monday.  We had better take a nap first. To my surprise, fireworks are allowed but Chinese brands are considered unsafe so Germany makes its own with fun English-sounding names on the packages like “Sky-Banger” and "Hero of the Night"!





1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've been checking your blog all the time thinking you never updated it and then all the sudden I see I've missed several posts. My computer was not refreshing or something.
    I like the haircut.
    Pretty table. We said what we were thankful for at Christmas Eve dinner but without candles it was certainly lacking.
    You look a wee bit sad and lonely in that next picture.
    I am sad you did not get my Christmas card in time. I sent it three weeks ago so that seems pretty bad.
    Benj wore his German clothes to church today and looked sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete